General Manager CITC
Job opening at a glance
- Location: Nijmegen
- Sector: Semiconductors/Photonics
- Experience: Director/Executive
- Educational background: Science/Engineering
- Hours: 0.8-1 FTE
We are Chip Integration Technology Center (CITC), a non-profit, open innovation center specializing in heterogeneous integration and advanced chip packaging. In 2019, BCS (Business Cluster Semiconductors – the organization of Dutch companies in the semiconductor domain), TNO and TU Delft joined forces to create the center. The legal entity of CITC is a foundation (Stichting). As such, CITC has acquired public funding from local and regional governments.
CITC orchestrates a ‘triple-helix’ collaboration: governments, businesses and knowledge institutes work together to achieve industrial and societal impact. We are proud of our young, talented and passionate team. Stichting CITC has an opening for the position of general manager, chairperson of the board of the foundation.
The ecosystem we operate in
In the field of semiconductors and photonics, integration and packaging technology is of growing importance. The cost and performance of advanced devices are increasingly determined by chip integration and chip packaging aspects. Innovative industrially implementable solutions are needed for next generations of advanced electrical and opto-electrical devices that for instance make cars safer and more energy-efficient, monitor our health, or reduce the carbon footprint of the telecom sector.
CITC enables its industrial participants to bring innovations in integration and packaging technology to the market in multiple application areas. Together with our industrial partners, suppliers and other stakeholders, we have created a continuously growing innovation ecosystem. We initiate, develop and lead relevant research programs, pursue knowledge creation and sharing, and stimulate business initiatives. Our contribution to the ecosystem is to provide access to innovation, infrastructure and education.
The job opening
CITC is currently managed by a management team of two: the general manager and a business and technology development manager. Together, they bear the responsibility for managing the foundation and all its activities. The management team reports to a supervisory board.
A strong connection with the scientific community is important to CITC. The management team organizes meetings with the TU Delft scientific team on a regular basis, with the objective to:
- focus on relevant scientific breakthroughs and developments
- establish a long-term vision on future technologies and required competencies for CITC
- participate in scientific research proposals, funding applications and publications
- coach PhD, PDEng and master students.
The business and technology development manager, together with CITC’s program line managers, addresses the technology development in the program lines. He is a liaison for external technical experts, ensures alignment with the innovation roadmaps of the participating companies and bears responsibility for business development activities, enlarging the group of participating companies. The general manager will further develop CITC as an internationally distinctive and well-recognized center of semiconductor and photonic chip integration technology.
If you are the general manager we are looking for, you develop the CITC strategy together with our staff and other participants. You also lead the execution of the plans derived from it. You maintain relationships with TU Delft, TNO, strategic industry partners, industry clusters, the advisory board and governments involved and represent CITC externally. You are the internal and external point of contact for general affairs.
Additionally, your responsibilities include:
- Our culture of innovation and way of working
- Chairing the management team
- CITC’s finances, HR, legal, rent/premises
- Raising additional public funds
- Providing a pro-active contribution to business development
- Leading the overall realization of the CITC project plan
Your background and skills
Skills and qualities that will help you make this job a success are:
- Knowledge of the semicon and photonics industry sectors; preferably of the chip packaging domain
- People oriented: you are a natural connector of people and of organizations on all levels
- Leadership: you are a leader, organizationally strong and able to motivate a growing team of research talents enthusiastic to work in a young, developing organization
- Flexibility: you are able to anticipate and to handle changing situations with flexibility
- Communication skills: you are an open communicator, fluent both in English and Dutch
- Acting as a trusted business partner for industry
- Experienced in stakeholder management and public-private partnerships
What we offer you
The opportunity to shape a center and ecosystem for next generations of promising advanced technologies.
Next to that:
- A multicultural and dynamic work environment
- A competitive salary reflecting the expertise you bring to our team
- A company culture that is characterized as passionate, professional and accessible
- A work place on the Novio Tech Campus, the most innovative environment in Nijmegen
- The opportunity to take courses for professional training and development
The contract is for 0.8-1 FTE. To help you balance your professional and personal life, CITC offers flexible working hours and a combination of on-site and working from home.
Want to know more?
If you want to learn more about this position, please contact Roel Fonville (email@example.com), chairman of the CITC supervisory board. If you want to know more about CITC, please visit our website or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Interested to join the CITC team?
Please send your motivation letter and cv to Roel Fonville (firstname.lastname@example.org) before June 1, 2022. The first round of interviews will take place in week 24. We look forward to your application!