Semiconductor Packaging University Program
Together with HAN University of Applied Sciences, CITC developed the Semiconductor Packaging University Program. The program provides a connection between education and industry and as such contributes to the training and skills of people that align with industry needs. People who are in high demand – now and in the future. The program therefore represents an important step in securing the future of the semiconductor industry in Europe.
The program offers its participants training in all relevant aspects of chip packaging, both in theory and in practice. The theoretical part is provided by industry experts – in addition to CITC and HAN, the program was developed in collaboration with NXP, Nexperia, Ampleon, TU Delft and TNO.
The practical assignments of the program are carried out on the premises of CITC and several semiconductor companies.
Integrated chip technology and its applications
You learn about the semiconductor industry and take a deep dive into the final step of chip manufacturing. This is the phase in which the chip is packaged in its housing.
Developments such as integrated photonics, system-on-chip, embedded cameras, 5G antennas, sensors and micro-electro-mechanical systems place high demands on the manufacturing process… and the competencies of semiconductor staff.
The program focuses on the design and manufacturing of semiconductor packages and the associated assembly, reliability and test techniques. Topics that are covered in the theoretical lessons include:
- Semiconductor packaging
- Advanced applications
- Photonic assemblies
- Basic simulation and testing
- Quality and reliability
The practical lessons will be scheduled after the completion of the theoretical part.
We offer this program:
- To professionals working or interested in the semiconductor industry, who are keen to expand or deepen their knowledge of semiconductor assembly and packaging. If you want to participate in the program but are not working in the semiconductor industry, an admission interview is required Download the brochure for industry participants
- As a differentiation minor to bachelor students who want to broaden their horizon into the field of semiconductor assembly and packaging. To be admitted to the program you must have completed two main modules in either Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automotive Engineering, or Industrial Engineering & Management. Part-time students not working in the semiconductor industry may be subject to an admission interview Download the brochure for bachelor students
Additional info for bachelor students
- Minor Semiconductor Packaging – full-time
- Minor Semiconductor Packaging – part-time
- Kies op maat – minor Semiconductor Packaging – full-time
- Kies op maat – minor Semiconductor Packaging – part-time
Are you interested in joining this course? Please contact us for more information or the registration form.
“I liked the approach of the program the most. It’s very pragmatic: we studied real-life problems rather than theoretical situations you see in textbooks”.
Mudit Goyal, participant edition 2021-2022
The Semiconductor Packaging University Program is supported by